MCC hosts one Commencement Ceremony each year, generally in early June.
If you are going to complete your program requirements during summer
session and wish to participate in this year's ceremony May 30, 2020 as a candidate for graduation, you must meet the following criteria to be considered for Early Attendance:
- Complete all remaining degree requirements during summer session.
- File an Intent to Graduate application when you register for summer.
- Complete an Early Attendance Application for Commencement in person at Advisement and Transfer Services or Registration and Records - Brighton Campus or Student Engagement Center - Downtown Campus any time during the first two weeks of May.
- Provide a copy of your summer schedule.
- You must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher when you apply for Early Attendance in order to participate in the Ceremony.
Once you complete this process you will receive notification via student email of your graduation eligibility and whether you have been authorized to attend the ceremony this year. If you are eligible, the email will also contain commencement information and how to get your cap and gown. Your name will appear on an insert in the Commencement program ONLY IF you apply for early attendance by May 14.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU ARE NOT A GRADUATE UNTIL YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED ALL OF YOUR PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Summer graduates will be certified in late August and diplomas will be mailed by the end of September.