Orientation: Family/Parent Program
Family and Guest Orientation Program
The Family and Guest Orientation Program is held separately, but on the same day as the student's Orientation. This program will allow parents, and spouses the opportunity to:
- Discover what the college expects from students and what students can expect from the college.
- Learn ways to offer support and encouragement to the students.
- Share concerns and fears with other families and college personnel.
- Find out what is available on campus and in the Rochester area.
- Tour the campus.
This program is only offered during the First Time College Student Orientation Programs.
Here are some questions to keep the communication going with your college student
- Have you bought your books?
- Have you been eating in the Terrace?
- Do you have an advisor?
- Are you getting to know your professors?
- How much free time do you have on campus?
- Have you looked for a job on campus?
- Have you joined an organization or club?
- Where do you study?
- Do you have midterms?
- Have you decided what classes to take next semester?
- Have you looked into registering for classes?
- How many finals do you have?
- Are you happy with your major?
- How are you feeling?
- How can we (I) help?