Application Process Video
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will ONLY be communicating dates and deadlines to you through your MCC student email. It is your responsibility to check your email.
The application is only available online through your student account.
Returning residence hall students are guaranteed housing if they follow the following process, meeting all deadlines:
- January 2019: Apply for Financial Aid. It is best to file your 2019-2020 FAFSA at the same time that you and your parents complete household tax returns.
- February 25, 2019: The housing application process begins for all students who are currently in housing. Between February 25 and March 25, 2019, you will be able to apply for housing, pay your $200 application fee, select roommates and select your room for next year. For "how to" videos, please scroll to the top of the page.
- March 31, 2019: The housing application process closes for returning students. By this date, you should have your roommates and your room selected. Any student who is applied and paid but has not selected a room will be auto-placed in housing. Placement emails will go out to MCC student accounts at the end of this day. Placements will ONLY be sent TO your MCC email and you must respond FROM your MCC email.
- June 1, 2019: Deadline for returning students in guaranteed housing to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office that they will not be returning in Fall 2019. Notification must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 1, 2019: Deadline for all returning students to be registered for 12 or more credits and have all health information turned in. If you have outstanding information on this date, you will forfeit your bed and your $200 housing application fee. All notifications regarding what is due will be sent to your MCC email account.
August 25, 2019: Move in day for returning students. You are not permitted to move in prior to this date. Please monitor your MCC student email all summer for additional information .
Students who are under the age of 18 may not agree to the terms and conditions of housing on their own without a parent/guardian signature. Students who are under 18 will be directed via their confirmation page and via a confirmation email to have a parent/guardian fill out a form and send it in separately from the online housing application.
Underage students have 7 business days to mail/fax/email the form to the Housing and Residence Life Office. An underage application will not be completed and date/time stamped until this form is received. If it is received within those 7 days, the application will be date/time stamped for the time the application was submitted. Excessively late forms (more than 10 business days) will push the date/time stamp to the time the form is received.
If you need a copy of this form, it is here: Under 18 Parent Signature Form
Housing Costs For 2019-2020
- Single Room:
$4,007.00 per semester
or $8,014.00 per academic year
- D ROOM Single (smaller size single):
$3888.00 per semester
OR $7776.00 per academic year
- Double Room:
$3,490.00 per semester
or $6,980.00 per academic year
Single Room: $500.00
Summer Session I:
Single Room: $650.00
(Dependent upon course duration)
Applications will not be considered active until payment has been received. Deferrals are not available. Beds will be offered for the Alice Holloway Young Commons based on the date and time the application fee payment is submitted. The application fee activates the application.
Housing Payment Plan will coincide with the MCC Pay Plan
Percentage of bill due
Fall Semester Due Date
Spring Semester Due Date
The housing agreement will be binding for the entire academic year. Therefore, students will be financially responsible for both semesters unless the Housing and Residence Life Department is able to re-establish occupancy following a student's request for release.
Students requesting to terminate the contractual obligation for the Spring 2020 semester MUST notify the Housing and Residence Life Office by December 1, 2019. Students vacating due to graduation, internship, military enlistment, or transfer to another institution must provide supporting documentation by January 15, 2020.
Students requesting to vacate for any other purpose or who do not provide supporting documentation will also forfeit their $200 security deposit.
To review the rest of the license agreement (recommended), click here!