For NYS convictions ONLY (all other states must be handled through the process outlined by that state):
Schedule a fingerprinting appointment online or call 1-877-472-6915.
- Once on the web or on the phone, you will be required to enter a service code. Please use this service code: 15465F This code will get you an unsuppressed record review.
- There is a fee of $63.50 that must be paid at the time of the appointment.
- Fee waivers are available to those who qualify. To find out if you are eligible or to apply for waiver, please call the Record Review Unit at the number below.
Once you are fingerprinted, the processing time for records is 7 to 10 business days and the records will be mailed directly to you.
If you have any questions about obtaining a record review or you would like an update on the status of your record review, you can email the Record Review Unit or call (518) 457-9847 or (518) 485-7675.
Upon receipt of your record review, please email or drop it off to one of the following locations:
Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
Brighton Campus, Building 1, Room 300
Student Engagement Center
Downtown Campus, Room 310
*Ask someone in this office to inter-office mail to Student Rights and Responsibilities
- If you are on probation or parole, in addition to your record review, you must submit supporting documentation from your probation/parole officer, along with their contact information.
- Anyone is welcome to send personal references, which may include letters from counselors, parole/probation officers, current/past employers and/or religious advisors.
- If your conviction was outside of NYS, you must submit equivalent paperwork form the state in which the conviction occurred. Usually by starting with the state's department of justice website, you will easily find information about how you can obtain this record.
Email the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities or call (585) 292-2023 with any questions about this process.