Q: Who is required to provide proof of immunization records?
A. Any student taking 6 credit hours or more and born on or after January 1, 1957 is required to show proof of immunizations.
Q: What immunization records are required for students?
A: New York State requires students to:
- provide proof of receiving two Measles, one Mumps, & one Rubella Vaccine (aka two MMR vaccines) OR have positive serology tests AND
- review information about meningitis and then either show proof of receiving Meningitis-ACWY vaccine within 5 years (to the day) OR sign the waiver declining it.
Q: Where and how can I get my immunization records?
A: Students can contact their primary care provider, high school, previous job in healthcare, current/previous college(s), or military to obtain your immunization records. This PDF contains more tips on locating your immunizations .
Q: What if I can't find proof of my previous vaccines?
A: MCC students can receive MMR vaccination(s) at no charge in Health Services. Your primary health care provider or the Monroe County Health Department are other options.
Q: How do I check if my immunizations have been received by Health Services?
A: Current students can sign into their myMCC student account and click on the Students tab. Then click on Campus Life. On the right you will see a box that says Health Services, click on Check my immunization status/records. Click on Student Immunization Display. Leave the default term in the box, and submit. Go to page 2 where you can view your records.
Q: How do I get a copy of my immunization records?
A: Current students should sign into their myMCC student account:
- Click on the Students tab.
- Then click on Campus Life.
- On the right you will see a box that says Health Services, click on Check my immunization status/records.
- Click on Student Immunization Display.
- Leave the default term in the box, and submit. Go to page two where you can print your official immunization record.
Q: Which immunizations are required for students in Health Career Programs?
A: In addition to the New York State immunization requirements, students enrolled in health career programs must also submit:
- a tuberculin (PPD test with the date and result) done within the past year,
- a tetanus immunization within the last ten years,
- proof of immunity to chickenpox,
- dates of the Hepatitis B series or sign a notice of declination.
- rubella immunity is required with no exception for age.
- students are also expected to have a complete physical by their health care providers within one year of participation in their chosen program.
Q: My mom has my immunizations in my baby book, is that acceptable proof that I have received them?
A: As long as the information is documented by a doctor, doctor’s office or nurse we can accept it as proof of immunization.