New York State requires all matriculated students born after Jan 1, 1957 and taking 6 credits or more, to submit certain immunization records to the college. Students who do not have these vaccines (or the meningitis response form) on file with Health Services will be automatically withdrawn from classes 30 days after the start of classes. We want to help you to avoid this. The requirements are:
Proof of Two Measles, One Mumps, and One Rubella Vaccine.
To be acceptable, they must be live vaccinations given on or after your first birthday. These are usually given in childhood and listed as "MMR" vaccines. You do not have to repeat them for college entry.
Lab Test Results That Show You are Immune to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.
Your doctor may order this test or our office can give you a lab slip to get the test done. Tests done in the past are also acceptable.
Proof of a Meningitis ACWY Vaccine Within the Past 5 Years
- Please review the Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet before declining. You are not required to show proof of the vaccine. Medical recommendations state that:
- Previously vaccinated first-year college students who are or will be living in a residence hall, should receive a booster dose if the previous dose was given before the age of 16 years.
- Unvaccinated first-year college students of any age (previous guidance was up to age 21 years), who are living in residential housing, should also receive the vaccine.
- To learn more about meningococcal disease and the vaccine, please contact Health Services and/or consult your physician. More information can also be found at the Centers for Disease Control website.
- Locally, you can receive the vaccine at the County Immunization Clinic at 111 Westfall Road, Rochester, New York 14692. Call 585-753-5150 for hours.
- Locate your vaccine records: Review them to make certain the required vaccines are listed. You can find the records at your high school, a previous college, a job in health care, military records or your doctor.
- Send the record to Health Services: With your student ID number and current name on each page, and a completed meningitis vaccination response form if your meningitis vaccine was given more than five years ago.
- You will receive an automated email stating either: That you have met the requirements OR that you are still not "in compliance" with the NYS education law. In this case, please call us for assistance at 585-292-2018. We are here to help!
Immunization Printing Instructions (for current students only. Alumni should call the office)
- Sign into your MyMCC account.
- Click on the Student tab, and then click on Campus Life.
- On the right, you will see a box that says Health Services.
- Click on Check My Immunization Status/Records. Choose Student Immunization Display.
- Keep the current term shown, click Submit, then go to the second page and
view or print your records from there.