Enrollment for NYS Marketplace Insurance is available all year for the Essential Plan ($0-$20/month), Medicaid (no cost), and those who have had a qualifying life event (loss of insurance or job, major change in finances, marriage/divorce, new baby etc). Enrollers are on campus frequently to meet with students. Please see the attached schedules for the Fall semester.
Fidelis Care: Lisa Galletto at (585) 278-4187 or email@example.com
MVP: Lindsey Loomis-O'Brien at (585) 313-1215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
United Health Care: Shawndel Lewis at (585) 713-0986 or email@example.com
You are not restricted to MVP, Fidelis or UHC plans. For more information, please see the New York State of Health website.
Monroe Community College contracts with the Allen J. Flood Companies, Inc. to offer student health insurance for purchase by any MCC student. Details about the policy are available through the CHP website.
- Verify that your healthcare provider takes your CIGNA PPO insurance. You can do this by calling the provider's office or checking that they are listed under the CIGNA PPO Provider Network.
- Students must request a temporary insurance card soon after purchasing the insurance, in case they need to see a healthcare provider quickly (the permanent card is not mailed out from A.J.Flood until about six-eight weeks into the semester).
- To request a temporary card, contact any of the A.J. Flood representatives below and provide them with your name, student ID number, date of birth, gender, email address, mailing address and semester(s) of coverage.
- They will verify your information with MCC.The temporary ID card will be emailed to you in two to three business days and you can then print it.
- If you need to find a doctor locally and require assistance, please make an appointment at Health Services. Your health needs can often be handled by our staff or a referral can be made.