The Health Services Departments' purpose is to advance student health and promote a healthy college community, and is aligned with the institutional goals of student retention and course completion. The department achieves its goals in the following ways:
1. Ensures student compliance to NYS Public Health law for immunization requirements, and the completion of student health clearances required to participate in medical, athletic and Residence Life programs.
2. Provides comprehensive assessments of student health concerns, and delivers cost-effective treatment services. The HS department contracts with a local urgent care facility to offer part-time Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner services throughout the academic year.
3. Consults with faculty and staff, Student Services administration, Services for Students with Disabilities, the Counseling Center, Athletics and Housing and Residence Life to effectively coordinate and integrate services to students.
4. Collaborates with local community health providers to establish student access and referrals to specialists as indicated.
5. Delivers health education programs to students focused on prevention, risk reduction and safety.
6. Works in partnership with the Monroe County Department of Health on the emergency management of public health risks to the college community.
7. Contributes to the colleges' policy and procedure development on health-related issues.
Nondiscrimination Statement: Monroe Community College prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, familial status, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, socioeconomic status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristic or status protected by state or federal laws or College policy in admissions, employment and treatment of students and employees, or in any aspect of the business of the College.