The Health Services Department's purpose is to advance student health and promote a healthy college community, and is aligned with the institutional goals of student retention and course completion. The department achieves its goals in the following ways:
- Ensures student compliance to NYS Public Health law for immunization requirements, and the completion of student health clearances required to participate in medical, athletic and Residence Life programs.
- Provides comprehensive assessments of student health concerns.
- Consults with faculty and staff to effectively coordinate and integrate services to students.
- Collaborates with local community health providers to establish student access and referrals to specialists as indicated.
- Delivers health education programs to students focused on prevention, risk reduction and safety.
- Works in partnership with the Monroe County Department of Health on the emergency management of public health risks to the college community.
- Contributes to the college's policy and procedure development on health-related issues.
Nondiscrimination Statement: Monroe Community College prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, familial status, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, socioeconomic status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristic or status protected by state or federal laws or College policy in admissions, employment and treatment of students and employees, or in any aspect of the business of the College. MCC provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.