For Friends and Family- resources FOR help and support
- Depaul-Total Approach Family Program
- Facing Addiction
- FamilySupportNavigator- support to family members of those in need of treatment.
- Free Overdose Reversal Kits For Families & Friends
- Strong Recovery-Opioid Overdose Prevention Training.Contact Michele Herrmann at (585) 275-1829 or Michele Herrmann@urmc.rochester.edu.
- Trillium Health- Opioid Overdose Prevention Training at 259 Monroe Ave. To register online, send email to:OFord@trilliumhealth.org.
- Overdose Reversal Kits free of charge statewide: www.health.ny.gov/overdose
- Monroe County.gov/ecopark: Pharmaceutical waste disposal program- dispose of old prescriptions safely
- Naranon (for those effected by someone else’s narcotic addiction)
- Partnership Helpline: Call 1-855-DRUGFREE (1-855-378-4373). Mon-Fri 9-5. Parent support specialists help parents whose children are abusing drugs or alcohol take the next steps to provide support to their loved one.
- Partnership for Drug Free Kids
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration)-Find help and treatment
MCC has been officially tobacco, vape and smoke free since 2014. Numerous studies have shown how harmful tobacco is to health, and e-cigarettes have health risks as well.
That being said, it can be hard to quit because nicotine is so highly addictive. Those who have created a quit plan and have obtained assistance from their healthcare provider are much more likely to succeed. Check out the links below for more information.