School(s): Applied Sciences & TechnologiesMCC Program Code: HM13
CIP Code: 31.0302
NYSED Code (BRI): 36523
The Certificate for the Golf Management Program introduces the student into the business aspect of the golf industry. Graduates of the Golf Management Certificate will establish a basis for a career within the various elements of the game of golf. Completion of this certificate program will qualify the student for any entry level position in the golf industry.
The Certificate in Golf Management program provides an excellent foundation for students seeking employment in the Golf industry. The curriculum covers specific instruction on the rules of golf, design, fitting and repair of equipment and golf course maintenance. Students also learn golf shop policies and services, human resource management and entrepreneurial studies, giving them a broader understanding of the business aspect of the golf industry. Completion of this certificate program will qualify the student for entry level positions in the golf industry.
(Housed in the Hospitality Department) DEACTIVATED PROGRAM - NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW STUDENTS.
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Identify and describe the numerous job descriptions within the golf industry
2) Interpret and communicate rules decisions in the theater of formal competition
3) Design a comprehensive business plan for retail purposes
4) Create a viable revenue stream through structuring a thorough lesson program
5) Take a customer’s specifications and fit them into the proper equipment
6) Classify requirements of nutrition for turf grass
7) Produce a policies and procedures manual.