ATP 108 - Engine Repair - Automotive
Instruction in the 4-stroke theory and practical procedures necessary to diagnose and repair automotive type gasoline engines. Includes diagnosis, component inspection, proper disassembly and reassembly procedures, and critical engine measurements. Three class hours, three laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: Permission of Department
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Diagnose cylinder head and valve train faults.
2. Repair cylinder head and valve train faults.
3. Diagnose engine block assembly faults.
4. Repair engine block assembly faults.
5. Diagnose engine lubrication faults.
6. Repair engine lubrication faults.
7. Diagnose engine cooling system faults.
8. Repair engine cooling system faults.
9. Diagnose engine faults using diagnostic processes.
10. Diagnose manual clutches.
11. Repair manual clutches.
12. Diagnose manual transaxle/transmissions.
13. Repair manual transaxle/transmissions.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018