ECE 200 - Developing Early Literacy
This course examines emotional, socio-cultural and cognitive influences on early literacy development, and explores twelve essential concepts related to early reading success through a collaborative learning approach. Three class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the main concepts associated with success in early reading.
2. Analyze strategies that promote success in early reading.
3. Articulate how theory and research translate to early literacy practice.
4. Develop appropriate early literacy lesson plans.
5. Summarize findings from a research article related to early literacy.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018