ENG 201 - Early British Literature
A survey of British literature from the early middle ages to the late eighteenth-century. Possible authors studied include Chaucer, Milton, Shakespeare, and Defoe. Three class hours. (SUNY-H)
Prerequisite(s): English 101 with a C or better, or placement into English 200, or instructor permission.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze British Literature written from the early Middle Ages to the 18th Century.
2. Interpret literature in the context of its historical period.
3. Interpret literary works using critical perspectives.
4. Write a thesis-driven essay using literature as a primary source.
5. Apply appropriate formal conventions when writing about literature.
Course Offered Fall only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018