MUS 202 - History of Music II
Music from 1750 through the present covering Classical, Romantic and Twentieth Century style periods; essential score reading and listening to records outside of class. Three class hours. This course fulfills the MCC requirement for a humanities or social science elective. (SUNY-WC)
Prerequisite: MUS 201 or permission of the instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Listen to and discuss musical examples from the Classical period to the 20th Century.
2. Analyze musical examples for form and content from the Classical period to the 20th Century.
3. Identify musical works by composers from the Classical period to the 20th Century.
4. Discuss the historical context for the major developments in Western music.
5. Analyze for the four musical textures in Western music from the Classical period to the 20th Century.
6. Discuss the role of technology in the development of music halls, instruments, and audio recording.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018