ART 290 - Independent Study
This course is not regularly scheduled, but is arranged and conducted by a supervising professor based on goals and topics related to studio art practice that are proposed by the student and approved by the supervising professor. Please see the Department Chairperson for more information about this course. This course is not repeatable and may only be taken once.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop a 'creative' project that explores content, techniques, and materials beyond the scope of regularly offered art classes.
2. Develop aesthetic sensitivity along with technical and cognitive skills.
3. Explore one's own creativity and develop and sharpen skills of perception, reflection, and communication.
4. Create a visual and written record of the 'creative' project. Specified documentation of the project must be submitted to the Leroy V. Good Library's independent study archives.
5. Demonstrate and articulate the ability to work independently.
6. Develop and adhere to a contract with specified goals to achieve by a set date.
Course Offered Spring