ENG 251 - Technical Communication-WR
Concentration on the writing and speaking skills necessary for the technologies. Emphasis is on preparation, organization, audience, and the effective use of format, supplements, and visuals. Accuracy, clarity, economy, and precision are stressed, for both written and oral assignments. Three class hours.
Prerequisite: ENG 101 with a grade of C or better or ENG 200 with a grade of C or better. *These courses do not fulfill the requirements for a Literature elective.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze the context (audience, purpose, etc.) of a technical communications task
2. Use the context of a task to compose written or oral communication appropriate to the audience's level of discipline specific knowledge
3. Use document design to allow readers to access and understand information easily
4. Create documents that follow various standard formats
5. Create technical communications that are precise and concise
6. Create technical communications that are relatively free of mechanical errors
7. Evaluate identified information sources for integrity and reliability
8. Analyze information from disparate information sources
9. Incorporate disparate information sources into technical communication
10. Use appropriate source citation methods
11. Deliver an effective presentation
Course Offered Fall and Spring