JPN 102 - Elementary Japanese II
Students will continue strengthening their communicative skills (pronunciation, syllable stress) and writing skills using the Japanese writing system (Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji characters) that are necessary for reading and writing simple sentences and short paragraphs. Grammatical structures will be taught so that students will be able to communicate correctly, both orally and in written form in the most essential everyday life situations. Students will also learn Japanese customs, traditions, and culture associated with major life events, holidays and social interactions. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Prerequisite(s): JPN 101, the equivalent, or permission of the instructor. Memory and length of time since last studied are factors in successful placement.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately ask and respond to questions dealing with scheduling and daily activities.
2. Write correct sentences using one or more of the following: adverbs, positional words, final particles, polite form of verbs, conjoined nouns, the form of adjectives or the copula.
3. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
4. Answer questions after listening to Japanese-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Identify facts and cultural traditions associated with Japan.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018