NUR 110 - Foundations of Nursing
NUR 110 is a nonclinical course in which the foundation of professional nursing is examined through exploration of the healthcare delivery system, nursing roles, nursing origins, and the educational, legal, and ethical bases of practice. Future challenges for the nursing profession are introduced. One class hour.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and describe the roles of the professional nurse.
2. Describe the various influences on professional nursing that may include social, political, or educational factors.
3. Delineate the components of the health care delivery system.
4. Assess the impact of selected influences on the health care delivery system.
5. Describe the ethical and legal concepts on which professional nursing is based.
6. Describe the functions of professional nursing organizations.
7. State the purposes of Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN).
8. Define the competencies of Quality and Safety for Nurses (QSEN).
9. State the impetus for Quality and Safety for Nurses (QSEN).
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018