TOY 195 - Brakes
A class focusing on theory-related instruction and demonstration of testing and repair procedures covering automotive brake systems including: drum and disc brakes, hydraulic systems, power assist and anti-lock systems.
Prerequisite: TOY 191 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe hydraulic brake systems.
2. Diagnose hydraulic brake systems.
3. Repair hydraulic brake systems.
4. Describe drum brake systems.
5. Diagnose drum brake systems.
6. Repair drum brake systems.
7. Describe disc brake systems.
8. Diagnose disc brake systems.
9. Repair disc brake systems.
10. Describe brake power assist units.
11. Diagnose brake power assist units.
12. Diagnose brake related electrical faults.
13. Repair brake related electrical faults.
14. Diagnose wheel bearing concerns.
15. Repair wheel bearing concerns.
16. Diagnose parking brake concerns.
17. Repair parking brake concerns.
18. Demonstrate brake system diagnostic processes.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018