ESL 125 - English for Speakers of Other Languages: Multi-Skills I
This course at the upper intermediate level aims to develop fluency in all skills through extensive reading, writing, and discussion. Internet resources will be used. Six class hours; offered evenings only.
Prerequisite: Placement at high intermediate level on proficiency tests.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Read a variety of authentic materials with comprehension and fluency;
2. Apply reading strategies and study skills appropriate to the material and purpose, including taking notes, underlining, outlining, listing, and charting;
3. Demonstrate ability to recognize the most common vocabulary of English, and employ appropriate strategies for handling unfamiliar words;
4. Articulate one’s interests, experiences, and ideas, in speaking and in writing;
5. Respond to the writing of others, with objective summary and subjective reaction;
6. Revise one’s writing for content, organization, grammar, and mechanics;
7. Use a computer for word processing, internet search, and email.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018