ENG 273 - Creative Writing Capstone: Publishing and the Profession - WR
This course seeks to familiarize students with the processes necessary to furthering their personal and/or professional development as creative writers. To this end, the course will introduce students to the submission process, to transfer opportunities, and to publishing/reading venues both in Rochester and around the country. Three class hours. (SUNY-A)
Prerequisites: ENG 233 or ENG 243 or ENG 253 or ENG 263 with C or higher or permission of Instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Create an ongoing portfolio to showcase students’ own best original work.
2. Revise own original drafts for target audience.
3. Construct a writer’s biography.
4. Construct query letter.
5. Create submission log to demonstrate familiarity with submission process and markets.
6. Read own original work for a public audience.
7. Submit own original work for publication.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018