MUS 260 - Aural Skills IV
This course is a continuation of Aural Skills III. It reinforces Music Theory concepts and develops skills in sight singing as well as melodic and rhythmic dictation. One class hour.
Prerequisite: MUS 259 or permission of instructor; corequisite: MUS 210 or permission of instructor
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Apply advanced chord structures of Music Theory IV into the development of Aural Skills.
2. Sight sing modal, chromatic, and modulating melodies.
3. Take accurate music dictation of modal, chromatic, or modulating progressions.
4. Sight sing advanced melodic or harmonic progressions.
5. Transcribe 4 part harmonies in simple or intermediate harmonic progressions.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018