MUS 101 - Music Appreciation
Interest, taste and discrimination in music and its relationship to other art forms; survey of style periods of Western Music; Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Twentieth Century; survey of musical forms, instruments of the orchestra, and music in national cultures; biographical sketches of composers; listening to records essential. Three class hours. (SUNY-H)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Listen to and discuss musical examples from the Middle Ages to the 20th Century.
2. Analyze musical examples for form and content from the Middle Ages to the 20th Century.
3. Identify musical works by composers from the Middle Ages to the 20th Century.
4. Discuss the historical context for the major developments in Western music.
5. Analyze for the four musical textures in Western music from the Middle Ages to the 20th Century.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018