XRT 227 - Computed Tomography Principles
This course will cover the technology of computed tomography. It will include scanner generations, scanner components and operation, tubes and detectors, image acquisition and the components required for image creation and viewing.
Prerequisites: XRT 211 and XRT 251; each with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the technology used to obtain a computed tomography image.
2. Assess images obtained with the various types of computed tomography acquisitions.
3. Manipulate images to best demonstrate anatomy or pathology on a computed tomography image.
4. Analyze the impact of computed tomography technology on medical imaging within healthcare delivery.
5. Compare and contrast computed tomography images with standard x-ray images.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018