POR 102 - Elementary Portuguese II
Continuation of POR 101 with emphasis on basic language skills for communication and on cultural aspects to promote understanding and appreciation of Portuguese-speaking cultures. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
POR 101, the equivalent or permission of the instructor. Memory and length of time since last studied are factors in successful placement.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify whether a conjugated verb is in the present or the preterite tense.
2. Differentiate the meanings of the direct and indirect object pronouns in a given sentence.
3. Describe a past event in Portuguese using the preterite and imperfect tenses.
4. Accurately ask and respond to questions dealing with scheduling and daily activities.
5. Answer questions after listening to Portuguese-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
6. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
7. Identify the contributions of people native to Portugal.
8. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Portugal and Angola.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018