CDL 100 - Career Development and Life Planning
This course introduces students to the elements of career decision making with emphasis on the process of career and life planning. It is designed for students who are interested in learning more about themselves and their career choices. Whether you are undecided about your career, making a career change or exploring your career options, this course will help you become more self aware and provide you with a foundation to build your career path. Includes a writing component related to personal experience. One class hour.
Prerequisite/Corequisite: TRS 105 recommended.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify personal beliefs and behaviors and how they influence career development and future choices.
2. Clarify personal and work values and how they influence career development and future choices.
3. Identify individual personality preferences that may influence career development and future choices.
4. Identify and sort personal interests and examine how they influence career choice.
5. Identify and distinguish existing skills and development of potential skills.
6. Develop familiarity with occupational and educational information and resources.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018