GER 101 - Elementary German I
Designed for students with no previous experience in the language. Focuses on communicative skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing. Includes high frequency vocabulary, basic constructions, common phrases, and cultural aspects. Also stresses student participation in skills development. GER 111 is strongly recommended for oral fluency especially for students transferring to four-year institutions. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately produce understandable simple sentences in German using the present tense.
2. Write understandable sentences in German using the correct word spelling and diacritical marks.
3. Accurately express simple social greetings and courtesies in German.
4. Answer questions after listening to German-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Germany.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018