School(s): Social Sciences & Global StudiesMCC Program Code: GL01
CIP Code: 30.2001
NYSED Code (BRI): 33775
NYSED Code (DCC): 33776
The Global Studies program provides students with the educational tools to better understand the diversity and complexities of the global community. The conceptual approach employed includes the systematic examination of the people, cultures, government, and institutions that comprise the world system, as well as the study of interdependence on a global level. Students will also be prepared for additional studies in four-year colleges and universities and a range of career opportunities in government, non-profit, and private sector institutions and activities.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the importance of being a global citizen in a complex and interdependent world.
2. Apply theories and concepts to global phenomena.
3. Identify the variety of international actors in the global system.
4. Analyze the political, economic, social, and cultural issues within a global framework.
5. Explain the role of identity in global politics.
6. Employ effective communication skills with respect to global issues.
7. Plan research involving the gathering and analysis of data related to global studies.
DEACTIVATED- NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS