HSP 275 - Current Issues and Trends in Hospitality
This course is an examination of contemporary issues and topics that are influencing the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Students will collect pertinent articles and information from newspapers, magazines, professional journals, and news programs, and will utilize the internet to find relevant issues to discuss in class. Oral presentations, guest speakers, and class discussions will allow the student to develop knowledge and awareness on issues that will impact the industry both in the present and in the future.
MCC General Education: MCC-GLO - Global Understanding (MGLO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify issues that impact the hospitality or tourism industries.
2. Discuss the pros and cons of current industry-related topics.
3. Explain how current global events influence the hospitality or tourism industries.
4. Research industry-related news and events.
5. Analyze or interpret industry-related news and events.
6. Deliver an effective presentation on an industry related topic.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Spring Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023