School(s): Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)MCC Program Code: MC01
CIP Code: 27.0101
NYSED Code (BRI): 32455
NYSED Code (DCC): 32456
DEACTIVATED PROGRAM - NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW STUDENTS.
The Mathematics Certificate is for students who wish to demonstrate a high level of preparation in Mathematics to 4-year schools. A student who obtains this certificate will have completed courses forming a foundation towards a 4-year degree in Mathematics or a related field. A student who has AP or Transfer Credit for Calculus I (MTH 210) and Calculus II (MTH 211) can complete this certificate in 2 semesters. Otherwise, it will take up to 2 years to complete the certificate. The program is not financial aid eligible.
(Housed in the Mathematics Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Formulate mathematical arguments.
2) Express mathematical ideas in various ways such as symbolically graphically numerically or verbally.
3) Analyze quantitative information in various problem solving situations.
4) Develop mathematical models of applications in various disciplines.
5) Use mathematical models to solve problems in various disciplines.
6) Use appropriate technologies to explore mathematical concepts.