MCC Daily Tribune
Sustainability Steering Committee News
The MCC Sustainability Steering Committee is a college-wide committee with representatives from every division and campus that meets to discuss sustainability issues and works to support implementation of sustainable initiatives at the College. Meetings are held monthly during the fall and spring semesters; the first meeting of the spring semester is Wednesday, February 12, at noon in Room 1-307.
Some of the committee's current interests include:
- Planning events to highlight Earth Day 2020 which is April 22.
- The Green Workspace program which is an individual commitment to supporting sustainable practices. The committee is looking for a volunteer to head up this program.
- The Recycling Subcommittee is a very active group comprised of faculty, staff and students. This group is currently focusing their efforts on promoting trash bin-free classrooms and educating the college community on appropriate ways to recycle.
- Increasing awareness and educating on climate change and global warming.
- Supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
We welcome ideas and suggestions and encourage others to get involved by joining the committee. If interested in joining or in sharing ideas, please contact committee chair, Valarie Avalone, by email or calling extension 3021.
Chair, Sustainability Steering Committee