MCC Daily Tribune
A Call for Nominations: MCC Emerging Excellence Award
The Professional Development Committee of the Faculty Senate is currently accepting nominations for the MCC Emerging Excellence Award (MEEA).
The MCC Emerging Excellence Award is intended for full-time teaching faculty or professional staff with 3-6 years of service at MCC, with no previous years of service elsewhere in the same or related capacity. These nominees are new to their discipline and have gone above and beyond their job responsibilities in a relatively short period of time.
Nomination packets should be electronically submitted to Joe Scanlon (email@example.com) by November 1st, 2019, at 12pm. Below is more information on eligibility, nominations, and nomination packets. The required cover letter for nomination packets can be found on the Faculty Senate Blackboard page in the "Awards, Professional Leaves, and Professional Development Events" section. Login is required.
The MCC Emerging Excellence Award is intended for individuals with 3-6 years of service at MCC who have no previous years of service elsewhere in the same or related capacity. Both teaching faculty and non-teaching faculty are eligible to win this award.
- Full-time staff, administration, and faculty are eligible
- Candidates with more than 6 years of service at MCC (as a full time member of the college) are not eligible.
- Previous recipients, VPs, and the president of the college are not eligible.
It is the responsibility of the nominator to compile the nomination packet, with all required materials, and submit the nomination packet to the Faculty Senate Professional Development Committee Chairperson before the deadline. Note: A formal call for nominations will be made during the academic year.
As you write and assemble the nomination packages, please choose those materials and supporting data that demonstrate how job responsibilities have been exceeded in such a way as to make MCC a better place to learn and work.
As a nominator, you may wish to consider if the nominee has demonstrated superior performance in any one of the areas listed below:
1. How the candidate excels in job responsibilities by actively participating in work of the department or college.
2. How job responsibilities have been exceeded in such a way as to make MCC a better place to learn and work:
- Motivating and inspiring learners
- Assisting diverse learners in reaching academic goals
- Collaborating with other faculty/staff in innovative ways
- Encouraging students to participate in research or other creative endeavors, and mentoring them in the process
- Providing leadership in professional organizations
- Providing leadership on campus
- Writing in scholarly or professional journals or publications
- Presenting, publishing, or performing at state or national level
3. Make sure the packet indicates how the candidate demonstrates a pattern of consistent performance and commitment over time (based on activity reports).
4. Also ensure the packet illustrates that the candidate's activity over the past few years has contributed to student success.
Nomination packets - should not exceed 13 pages and must include all required materials to be considered:
- Cover page with name, rank/title, and years of service at Monroe Community College of the individual being nominated.
- 2 page nomination letter.
- 1-2 page current CV/resume.
- 1-2 page Executive Summary of last three Annual Faculty Development Reports.
- Three support letters. These letters should indicate, as specifically as possible, how the individual has gone above and beyond their job responsibilities and enhanced the overall environment at MCC. It is the responsibility of the nominator to gather these letters.