Downtown Campus Earth Week 2019 Theme: “Be the Change”. Student Events and Governance Association (SEGA) will create and post on easels three posters:
- Pay Attention to Social Issues: this poster discusses the importance of paying attention to social issues, environmental issues, and obstacles in Rochester;
- Walk with Peace: this poster encourages inner peace, nonviolence, and listening to others;
- Be a Good Citizen: this poster will encourage small but impactful changes you can make to your environment, such as leaving things cleaner than when you found it, recycling, and taking care of your campus.
- April 22, 2019: Walk with Peace – Walk with SEGA: Weather permitting, SEGA will be walking to walk up and down the High Falls Bridge to encourage students to connect with their community, exercise, and inner peace.
(12pm-1pm, meet outside Multi-Purpose Room, 2nd floor)
- April 24, 2019: Be the Change: SEGA will be raising funds for Flint, Michigan water relief. They will be showing clips on the water crisis and encouraging students to pay attention to social issues.
(12pm-1pm, 2nd floor Lounge)
- April 22-May 17, 2019: Backpack Drive: SEGA will be accepting donations for gently used backpacks for at-need MCC students and their families. Filling the backpack with school supplies is encouraged but in no way required.
- (More information is forthcoming)
Sustainability Month AT MCC (OCTOBER 2018)