I am returning to MCC & want to take just a class or two.
A returning student is anyone who took classes at MCC before, left for more than a semester, and is now ready to take classes again.
You might already be familiar with the registration process as a returning student. Of course, some things may have changed since the last time you signed up for classes. Either way, we’ll walk you through the process.
We recommend everyone—including returning students—see an advisor before signing up for classes. They can help you map your path to academic success at MCC. Contact our advising staff today.
- Number of credits (including any laboratory hours)
- Pre- or co-requisite courses (e.g., related courses you have to take beforehand or at the same time)
- Semester during which the course is offered (fall, spring, and/or summer)
If you attended MCC at least one semester ago.
Step 1: Log into myMCC using your username (e.g., astudent007) and password.
- Note: Your username is the first part of your MCC email address (not your M#). So if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your username is “astudent1.”
- Forgot your myMCC username or password? We can track them down for you.
Step 2: Go to the “Students” tab, and then the “My Accounts” tab.
Step 3: Select “Add/Drop” on the right under Registration and Records.
If you took a break from MCC for MORE than one semester or no longer have an active myMCC account, please contact us. Because you are considered a returning student, your account may need to be reactivated before you can register.
Register in person.
Sometimes it’s easier or more convenient to take care of things in person, especially if you’re familiar with campus. Visit the Brighton Campus (Building 6, Room 203) or the Downtown Campus (2nd Floor, Room 210).
Register by Email OR MAIL.
Print and complete the Registration Form. Submit the form via email or mail.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Registration and Records, 1000 East Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623
A few things to note before registering
Returning part-time students must take fewer than 12 credits of coursework per semester and are not eligible for financial aid. To take more than 12 credits or qualify for financial aid, please apply for admission to an MCC program.
Changed your mind about taking a class? Be sure to drop the course before the first day of classes to avoid being charged tuition.