If you need to improve your study skills, you find yourself getting nervous on exams, or you feel overwhelmed by the demands placed upon your time in college, we encourage you to attend, free of charge, a Seeds of Success (SOS) workshop at Monroe Community College. SOS workshops have been hosted virtually by the Counseling Center and Disability Services office throughout the Spring 2021 semester. Students who have participated in SOS workshops in the past have demonstrated reduced test anxiety as well as improved study habits and academic achievement.
In one 90-minute session, students who are willing to participate will learn:
- How to relax during exams and focus on the questions that are asked
- Study skills techniques
- How to manage and budget time
- Test sophistication: knowing how to take different types of examinations
- How to set and evaluate goals
- Strategies used to increase motivation
- Tips for promoting positive mental health and coping
Though students are not required to bring anything with them to the workshop, please reference the attached handouts that will be referred to during the presentation. Please also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend this workshop and you are in need of accomodations.