An institution of learning is also a place of living, connecting, eating, and working. In a time like this, the needs of diverse and vulnerable students, staff, and even faculty may easily be lost in efforts to build mass solutions to a crisis. We must set up processes to address not just academic but basic and cultural needs.
Please join Dr. Calvin Gantt, Chief Diversity Officer, as he leads the second of three conversations the Teaching and Creativity Center is holding in response to the COVID-19 crisis. We will discuss ways in which we can ensure that we are creating an environment of compassion and support for each other during this difficult time.
When: Wednesday, April 29, at NOON.
Where: Where else?--Zoom! (Please be sure you are signed in with your official MCC Zoom account, and use this link to join the meeting)
All faculty and staff are welcome. Questions? Please contact Amy Burtner at email@example.com
This event is designed to meet the following goals of the Teaching and Creativity Center's programming:
- Create a supportive academic environment that meets individuals where they are, helps them improve and recognizes teaching excellence
- Create a culture of critical reflection, continual growth, and faculty collaboration
The particular outcomes for faculty are:
- Connecting with colleagues to build positive relationships centered around teaching and learning
- Utilizing critical reflection and evaluation of teaching practice
- Encouraging a culture that supports innovation, experimentation and risk-taking in teaching practice