Reverse Transfer

Transferring without a Degree?

You can still graduate from MCC after transferring to another College or University! (If you have already earned at least 24 credits at MCC and have a 2.0 or above GPA)

A few simple steps and you can earn your MCC degree

  1. View Degree Works through your MCC student account to determine what courses you are lacking for your MCC program (for example: social sciences, math, literature, electives, etc.)
    1. To access Degree Works, go to the MCC homepage
    2. Under Current Students, login to your MyMCC account using your username and password
    3. Click on the Students tab, select My Account and go to the Academic Advising section
    4. Choose “Login to Degree Works”

  2. Check with the MCC Admissions Office to make sure the course(s) you take at your next college will fulfill the MCC requirements.
  3. Once you complete the coursework at your new school (with a grade of C or higher):
    1. For SUNY colleges: Do everything online at SUNY's Reverse Transfer website
    2. For all other colleges -
      1. Complete the Intent to Graduate Application online from the MCC website, use the A-Z Index/I/Intent to Graduate path. Be sure to indicate the month and year you completed the coursework at the other college.
      2. Have your official college transcript sent to:
        Graduation Services
        Monroe Community College
        1000 E. Henrietta Road
        Rochester, NY 14623

Questions about this process? Contact us at Graduation Services ( or (585) 292-2040.