- Department of Public Safety Training Center
Take the first step toward a career as a medical first responder with MCC’s Paramedic Certificate program
Our Paramedic Certificate program prepares you for a career where you are part of a life-saving team. Upon completion, it also prepares you for your next key step: admission to the New York State Health Department examinations for certification as a paramedic. Once you become state certified you’ll be eligible for entry level positions in the field or to apply for admission in MCC’s highly-regarded Paramedic associate degree program and more career advancement opportunities.
Depending on your qualifications, your career title could be:
- Paramedic Trainee
- Paramedic-First Responder
- Security Guard-EMT
Prepare for certification with the training you need
Our Paramedic Certificate course sequence provides classroom, hands-on skill development, hospital clinical experience and field internship experiences. This program includes only the courses and training required for admission into the New York state Department of Health Paramedic certification exams. MCC’s Paramedic Certificate program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org)
Upon graduation and certification, you can start your career in entry-level positions or apply your credits to MCC’s Paramedic Associate degree program.
Our graduates work for employers such as:
- AMR (American Medical Response)
- Monroe Ambulance
- Gates Ambulance
- CHS Mobile Integrated Healthcare
- Mercy Flight Central
Get in touch with Monroe Community College’s admissions office to learn more about the opportunities you can create with a Paramedic Certificate. Contact us at (585) 292-2200 or email@example.com.
Department:Public Safety Training Center
School(s): Applied Sciences & TechnologiesMCC Program Code: EM05
Successful completion of this program prepares an individual for admission to the New York State Health Department examinations for certification as a paramedic. The paramedic certification course sequence includes classroom, hands-on skill development, hospital clinical experience, and field internships. This program includes only the courses required for admission to the New York State Department of Health Paramedic certification exams. This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. (www.caahep.org).
(Housed in PSTF)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Perform a comprehensive patient assessment
2) Deliver medications according to protocols
3) Deliver life-saving interventions according to protocols
4) Manage patient care while providing safe transportation to appropriate medical facilities
5) Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, which could include: patients, families/friends, or other public safety and medical professionals
6) Apply knowledge acquired from the program's general education requirements in a variety of non-clinical roles such as management, education, etc.
Requirements for Program Entrance
High School diploma. EMT certification. Competitive admission - please contact the EMS Department at 585-753-3712 regarding current admissions criteria.
|EMS 171 Critical Trauma Care||1|
|EMS 236 Advanced Cardiac Life Support||1|
|EMS 239 Paramedic Clinical and Field Experience I||5|
|EMS 240 Paramedic Clinical and Field Experience II||7|
|EMS 246 Advanced Pediatric Care||1|
|EMS 270 Introduction to Paramedicine||12|
|EMS 271 Medical Care in Paramedicine||8|
|EMS 272 Advanced Trauma Issues in Paramedicine||7|
* Offered at the Public Safety Training Center.