Are you interested in getting certified to use Blackboard Learn to web enhance your face-to-face courses, or to teach a hybrid or fully online course at MCC? Perhaps you have already been certified to use Blackboard at MCC, but do you feel a bit rusty on certain aspects of Blackboard? The Virtual Campus Team is ready to help you out with either scenario!
You can quickly be on your way to becoming “Blackboard Certified” at MCC by taking our fully online Blackboard Certification Courses. The courses use an open, self-paced, fully-online design to target several different audiences.
* Those who have never taught online before
* Those who have taught online but not using Blackboard Learn 9.1
* Those who have taught in Blackboard but not with Monroe Community College
* Those who are already MCC certified but would like a refresher.
You can read more about these certification courses by going to: https://www.monroecc.edu/depts/distlearn/enroll.htm
There are descriptions for the Levels 1, 2 and 3 courses, in addition to links to email your registration request to us at: <"mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"email@example.com>
For those of you already certified to use Blackboard Learn at MCC, we offer Topic-Specific Blackboard and Lecture Capture sessions in a face-to-face small classroom setting. The new schedule covering Fall 2015 is attached. All sessions will be held in our brand new Virtual Campus Training Room located in 3-122A. What a great way to check out the new facility! Attend a scheduled session, or gather a group of 3 or more and contact: <"mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"> or x3436 to arrange a date for the session that is good for your group.
· Course Menu 101: Course Organization: Rethink your existing course menu and course structure with this Session
· Grade Center 101: Put the full grade center to work for you!
· Blackboard Assignments: Learn how to create one of Blackboard’s gradable assessment items
· Blackboard Tests: Create Tests and Quizzes that can grade themselves automatically!
· Blackboard Discussions: Create a sense of community within your course with Blackboard Discussions!
· Attendance Options in the Blackboard Grade Center: Keep track of attendance right in the Blackboard Grade Center along with your other gradable items
· Rubrics*NEW: Are you looking for an easy way to grade assignments and discussions and give students consistent and quality feedback? Try the rubric tool in Blackboard!
· Groups*NEW: Having your students assigned to groups can be a great way to get them interacting and sharing feedback with each other.
· Lecture Capture 101 and 102*NEW – Learn about our new Lecture Capture facility
· Using Video in Blackboard *NEW–Where to find quality video online; Best practices; and how to embed video into Blackboard
VC Learning Opportunities_Schedule FALL 2015.pdf