MCC Emergency Assistance (MCC Assist)
MCC Emergency Assistance (MCC Assist) is replacing Dreamkeepers, a nationally-recognized emergency student aid program.
About MCC Assist
Unexpected financial emergencies is one of the top reasons community college students drop out of school. To address this issue, Monroe Community College, in partnership with the MCC Foundation, developed the MCC Emergency Assistance (MCC Assist) aid program that helps deserving, eligible students persist in their studies. Students who apply to MCC Assist can receive mini-grants of up to $500 to assist with expenses related to housing, food, utilities, and child care, ensuring that they can continue with their studies and make progress toward their goals.
The maximum annual limit for emergency assistance shall not exceed $1,000.
Willing to help? Please visit the MCC Foundation's website for donation opportunities.
Students interested in pursuing an MCC Emergency Assistance (MCC Assist) grant must first meet with a Financial Aid counselor in order to determine eligibility and assess need. Students can do so by one of the following options:
- Schedule an appointment with a financial aid counselor through Starfish.
- Visit our office locations at Brighton Campus or Downtown Campus to be seen as a walk-in Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Call to set up an appointment with a financial aid counselor (585)292-2050
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be a currently matriculated student at Monroe Community College
- Have earned at least a 2.00 GPA at MCC
- Be initially registered for at least 6 credit hours in the current semester when applying
- Must have explored and exhausted all other financial possibilities, such as 211, HEAP, and state and federal financial aid
Eligible Expenses Include:
- Child care (approved provider)*
- Medical/Dental expenses*
- Personal automobile expenses*
- Public transportation/bus pass
- Program Supplies*
Ineligible Expenses Include:
- Entertainment expenses
- Credit Card Bills
- Legal fees
- Rent; including mortgage payments & MCC Residence Halls costs
* Documentation of your request for assistance, including copies of bills or estimates, is required.