Inspiring every day.
Founded by business and community leaders in 1961 as a unit of the State University of New York, Monroe Community College offers outstanding and affordable academic (degree and certificate) and workforce training programs taught by inspiring faculty.
MCC helps students achieve their full potential at campuses located in Brighton, downtown Rochester and online as well as at its Applied Technologies Center, Economic & Workforce Development Center, and Public Safety Training Facility. MCC's Downtown Campus is also home to the Finger Lakes Workforce Development Center (FWD Center) that serves learners and employers from across the region.
Students across New York state and beyond also experience MCC through courses and degree and certificate programs offered completely or partially online via MCC Virtual Campus.
MCC is governed by a 10-member, government-appointed board of trustees and shared governance. MCC’s administrative team is led by a president, vice presidents, and deans. Guided by the College’s core values, MCC faculty, staff and administrators are dedicated to student success.
Private and corporate philanthropy through the MCC Foundation ensures MCC students have the scholarships and additional supports needed to attend and achieve their goals. Philanthropic support helps our College thrive and remain responsive to changing student and community needs.
MCC is a vibrant and innovative college where students develop a love of learning and are prepared to take their next steps towards a fulfilling life. Thank you for your interest in MCC and the many ways the College inspires every day.
MCC Board of Trustees
- DeAnna R. Burt-Nanna, Ph.D., President
- Robin Cole Jr., D.Sc., Vice President, Economic and Workforce Development and Career Technical Education
- Calvin J. Gantt, Ed.D., Chief Diversity Officer, Vice President, Diversity, Equity, and Belonging and Executive Director, Downtown Campus
- Greg Hinton, M.B.A., Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, Administrative Services
- Margaret Semmer, Ed.D., Provost and Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs
- Gretchen D. Wood, M.P.A., CFRE, Vice President, Institutional Advancement and Executive Director, MCC Foundation