MCC Daily Tribune
TCC: Are you interested in becoming a faculty consultant?
TCC Offers Faculty Consultant Training Sessions
The Teaching and Creativity Center works to foster an environment for faculty to exchange ideas and resources, to assist with course and lesson development, and to help faculty members enhance and develop their skills. One initiative, Consultations, offers assistance with a teaching dilemma or in the curriculum planning process that is absolutely confidential.
Teaching and Creativity Center consultations are:
- voluntary and confidential
- about teaching
- available to faculty and professional staff who teach
Faculty can work with consultants to receive:
- support in designing a course or planning a lesson
- Small Group Instructional Feedback (a structured discussion between the consultant and your students to provide you with feedback about your course)
- feedback on developing an assessment
- non-evaluative classroom observation
- videotape analysis
- faculty members who are trained as academic coaches
- motivated to support other faculty members in their growth
If you are motivated to participate in consultancy training so that you can work with faculty on course plans and discreet challenges in class contact Gena Merliss at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Coffey at email@example.com.
Teaching and Creativity Center/Visual and Performing Arts