Like most online accounts, MCC requires the use of security questions for both myMCC and Banner Self-Service. Security questions help confirm your identity in the event you forget or lose your network account password or banner PIN. If it has been a while since you’ve set up your security questions or if you know you’ve had trouble answering them in the past, now is a good time to make sure they’re updated.
To update your security questions and answers:
1. Go to the myMCC login page and click “Login” (no credentials required). This will take you to a “Failed Login” page.
2. Click the “Employees: Open Account Management” link and then select “Set Your Employee Security Questions and Answers.”
3. Enter your account name (first part of your email) and your current password.
4. Set up both security questions by either selecting/answering questions from the drop-down or by creating your own. Please see tips below.
5. Complete the photo identification challenge and then click “Set my MCC Employee Network Account Security Questions.”
6. The following page will either inform you that you’ve successfully set your security questions or that there was an error. If you are unsuccessful, note the error mentioned and then go back and try again.
7. Smile and give yourself a pat on the back for saving yourself time and aggravation in the future.
Tips for setting up your security questions:
* Use questions and answers that will be easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess. “What is my first name?” is a really great example of a horrible security question.
* Avoid using dates, addresses, etc. or any other bits of information that can be entered in various formats unless you are certain you will remember how you entered it. For example, if you create a new question that asks “When did you buy your first car?” and then enter 01/01/1980 as your answer, the system will be expecting this exact answer. Typing “January 1, 1980” or any variation will not work.
Communications and Network Services