It was a very active summer for ETS and many exciting technology enhancements were introduced and implemented. The following list highlights some of the most significant changes to classrooms. For a more detailed summary of each, please see the attached flyer. ETS Project Updates will be published through the Tribune and available on the Tech Tab of myMCC – watch for the Tech Tab announcement coming soon. The Tech Tab will be a one stop tool to facilitate your needs for information on technology services and resources at MCC. The next ETS Project Updates will include technology enhancements for the college community.
• 30+ classroom/ELC printers were upgraded/replaced with more efficient printers (with duplex printing as the default).
• 40+ rooms at Brighton and Applied Tech Center (ATC) were upgraded to new Extron control panels and added document cameras as additional tools for the smart classroom instructor.
• The Extron control system now enables remote support for classroom technology issues to over 90 classrooms improving ETS support for classroom issues.
• Four lecture hall projectors were upgraded to higher lumen projectors (Building 12 – Rooms - 125, 129, 225, and 229).
• Three rooms in Building 6 were converted to general technology equipped classrooms.
• 23 Classrooms in Building 9 were enhanced with smart technology.
• Four new “smart carts” were created to expand the number of technology enhanced classrooms at DCC.
Educational Technology Services
ETS Project Updates - Summer 2011, 9-21-11.pdf