Q: How do I set up my MCC email on my mobile device?
A: The following instructions are generic in nature; your individual device may contain different terminology or ways of getting to the setup functions. Please consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions for your device.
1. Add a new mail account ‐> choose Microsoft Exchange / Corporate Exchange
2. Enter the information into the following fields.
3. Email: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
4. Server: mymail.monroecc.edu
5. Domain: [leave blank]
6. Username: <mailto:email@example.com>
7. Password: [your current password]
8. Description: [here you can name the account locally on your device]
9. Use SSL: ON
10. Note: Not all devices will show the server setting on initial setup. Enter the information into the other fields and click next. Upon automatic server discovery failure you will now be able to enter the server.
11. When you change your MCC network / email password make sure to update your mobile device to the new password to avoid locking your email account due to failed access attempts.
These instructions may also be found in myMCC, “Tech” tab, and in the box on the left that says “Technology Links (“Email on your Mobile Device”). If you experience difficulties with any of these processes please call Tech Support at 292-TECH (8342) option 3, then 1 or submit a trouble report using myMCC, Tech Tab, and then click on “Report a Technology Problem to TECH.
Ask Tech Support aspires to publish a weekly article with your questions. Send your questions to us at <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. We will pick one each week for the next publication of “Ask Tech Support.”
Communications and Network Services