MCC Daily Tribune
Technical Support Tips: How to create a desktop shortcut to a web page
- Navigate to the web page you would like to make a shortcut.
- Click in at the beginning of the address in the address bar and drag your mouse over the entire address. The address should now be highlighted.
- Right click on the highlighted address and click on "Copy" in the pop up menu.
- Right click on your desktop in an area with no icons (you may need to minimize or close windows).
- In the pop up menu, hover over the word "New."
- In the next menu, click on the word "Shortcut."
- In the "Create Shortcut" pop up window, right click in the "Type the location of the item:" field and choose paste.
- Click the "Next" button.
- In the "Type a name for this shortcut:" field, delete the words "New Internet Shortcut" and type in a name for your shortcut.
- Click the "Finish" button. An icon for your webpage will appear on the desktop. The name of your shortcut will be underneath the icon.
Double click on the icon to open the web page.
Communications and Network Services