MCC Daily Tribune Archive

Parking and Transit Expenses

A Friendly Reminder!

If you are spending money on parking or public transportation, you should consider setting up a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to set aside pre-tax dollars to cover parking and transit expenses.  An FSA account for parking and transit expenses can be established at any time during the year, unlike the Health and Dependent Care FSA which can only be set up at the beginning of each year.

An additional benefit of setting aside funds in a Parking and Transit FSA is that funds roll from one year to the next.  So if you don’t use the full amount set aside, you don’t lose any of your money.  A new form must be completed each year in order to have the remaining funds in your account roll to the next year. 

For anyone who currently has a parking and transit FSA you must complete a new parking and transit FSA form and submit it to Human Resources before November 30, 2009 in order to ensure funds roll from 2009 to 2010. 

A Parking and Transit Flexible Spending form is attached and can also be found on the MCC Home Page/Employees/Forms/HR.

If you have questions, please call Human Resources, 292-2048. 

Karen Rheinheimer
Human Resources