MCC Daily Tribune
Health Sciences & Physical Wellness Advisement Institute Cohort 2 Application
The School of Health Sciences and Physical Wellness (HSPW) is excited to offer a second cohort the chance to participate in the HSPW Advisement Institute. This professional development opportunity is available on Friday January 12th from 9:00 am-4:00 pm on the Brighton Campus. The training is a mix of interactive workshops and hands-on practice designed to prepare faculty to successfully advise pre-program pathway students within the School of HSPW.
At the end of the day, faculty will be able to:
- Implement advisement practices including but not limited to pre-requisites, Math and English course placements, course sequencing, competitive admissions processes, and HSPW terminology.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of majors within the School of HSPW and articulate a pathway to those majors.
- Discuss health and wellness career options including 4-year transfer and workforce opportunities.
- Articulate the value of advisement relationships including developmental principles and academic coaching practices.
- Utilize MCC technologies, such as Degree Works, myMCC, Banner self-service, and electronic catalog effectively in advisement sessions.
- Identify and utilize campus and online resources to answer student advisement questions.
- Identify ways to effectively engage HSPW pre-program pathway students in the advisement and career development process.
Please see application for details. Space is limited! Apply by Monday, December 11th.
For a word document application that you can fill-in and email back, please contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 2018_HSPW Advisement Institute Application.pdf
School of Health Sciences & Physical Wellness