MCC Daily Tribune
TCC: Final Reminder to RSVP for the Winter Teaching Institute!
Last Chance to RSVP! Please RSVP by January 9th!
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
8:30am - 1:30 pm with continental breakfast and lunch included
Downtown Campus, High Falls A and B (3rd Floor)
This event is co-sponsored by the Teaching & Creativity Center and the Education and Human Services Department. We invite all faculty members (full-time and adjunct) from all departments at all MCC campuses and centers to join us for an exciting and informative half-day of professional development. Our sessions will focus on teaching, and participants will walk away with something new to try in class.
We will have several dynamic workshops on the following topics:
- Appapalooza: Apps and Tools for the Classroom
- Cultivating and Experiencing Equity
- Bring Role-Plays to Learning
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Inclusive Pedagogy Workgroup
- OER in Action: Planning and Implementing Open Educational Resources in Your Course
- Integrating Materials with Diverse Identities and Perspectives
- Keeping Up With the Requirements: Blackboard Course Information Sheet (CIS) Templates to Make Your Life Easier
Workshop descriptions can be found in the attached document. This program was filled to capacity last year, so please register soon! We always do our best to accommodate our participants' session preferences in the order they are received. Please register by January 9th using the link below:
We look forward to seeing you on January 17th!
Feel free to email Erin Nelson email@example.com Rick Costanza firstname.lastname@example.org or Gena Merliss email@example.com with any questions
WTI 2018 workshop abstracts.pdf
Teaching and Creativity Center