MCC Daily Tribune
SUNY Guided Pathways Project Facilitates Successful Institute
Monroe Community College is leading a SUNY Guided Pathways grant by collaborating with SUNY to plan and facilitate six institutes for ten SUNY community colleges. The purpose of the institutes is to help colleges design and implement structured academic and career paths to scale, for all students. Institute I "Benchmarking, Capacity, and Transformational Change" was held at MCC on March 15th and 16th.
On June 27th and 28th, Rockland Community College hosted Institute II "Mapping Your Guided Pathways" for the ten participating colleges, including the following team from MCC:
• Medea Rambish, Team Facilitator
• Jann Avery, Professor of Mathematics
• Barbara Ellis, Assistant Professor, Dental Studies
• Gary Johnson, Future Director of Schools and Integrated Pathways (pending Board approval)
• Elizabeth Ripton, Registration and Records
• Susan Warner, School Specialist for the School of Social Sciences and Global Studies
Many members of the MCC community also worked to plan and facilitate Institute II including:
• Kimberley Collins, SUNY Guided Pathways Project Lead
• Renee Dimino, Presenter and SUNY Guided Pathways Project Director (incoming)
• Andrea Wade, Presenter, and both Participating and Planning Team Member
• Lloyd Holmes, Coach
• Jessica Wilkie, Coach and SUNY Guided Pathways Faculty Liaison
• Julie Mills, SUNY Guided Pathways Project Director (outgoing)
• Amanda Rampe, Technical Assistant to the Schools
Many thanks to all who helped make SUNY Guided Pathways Institute II a success. Institute III will be hosted at Mohawk Valley Community College in September.
For more information about the SUNY Guided Pathways Project, and institute materials, click on the following link: https://www.monroecc.edu/schools/suny-guided-pathways-institutes/ or contact Renee Dimino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Guided Pathways